gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Please review Miroslav's attempted fix.

From: Miroslav Lichvar
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Please review Miroslav's attempted fix.
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:55:51 +0200

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 06:43:30PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Live-testing PPS on the GR-601W I found it broken.  The reason quickly
> became aopparent; there was a May 27 commit by Miroslav Lichvar that
> landed way, way out of sequence and stepped on something.
>
> Reverting it, I now have PPS live on the GR-601W again.
>
> However...Miroslav generally knows what he's doing. I think it would
> be unwise to write off the possibility that he was fixing a real bug.

Well, it's a real bug, easily reproducible by setting the clock off
by more than one second in one direction or million seconds in the
other direction.

With the patch, do you see any "PPS: no current GPS seconds:"
messages? It would be useful to see the full debug output.

> Also please note that I prefer people not use git hashes in change
> comments. They'll become meaningless if the project ever has to change
> VCSes again.  Better to refer by committer and date.

Fair enough.

--
Miroslav Lichvar