gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Please review Miroslav's attempted fix.

From: Miroslav Lichvar
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Please review Miroslav's attempted fix.
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:25:10 +0200

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 06:14:40AM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Miroslav Lichvar <address@hidden>:
> > With the patch, do you see any "PPS: no current GPS seconds:"
> > messages? It would be useful to see the full debug output.
>
> I don't know whether that message comes up from gpsd, because I noticed the
> bug and verified the fix with gpsmon. With your patch in place there were
> no PPS-event bars in the gpsmon display; when I reverted it, they were
> restored.

The PPS samples are probably just failing in one of the checks, the
debug output would show that.

> Do you have a PPS-capable device you can test with?

I have a Garmin 18x and it works for me. It sends the NMEA messages
about 0.5 seconds after the pulse. I suspect your GPS may be sending
them too close to the pulse and the pulses are rejected as too old
or from the future.

--
Miroslav Lichvar