gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 has shipped; objectives for 3.12

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 has shipped; objectives for 3.12
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 13:49:02 -0700

> I anticipate shipping 3.12 around the end of the year. The top item on my
> agenda for it is...

I'd like to nominate making sure that gpsd and ntpd can communicate cleanly
in JSON mode.  I think the PPS case works.  I don't think the non-PPS case
works yet, at least not as well as via SHM.

Is there a way to turn off SKY responses?  They don't contain any info
directly useful for timing.  (They might contain signal quality info which
could be useful for timing quality.)

> Hal Murray has a couple or requests for UI tweaks in gpsmon that should get
> done as well.

For the wish list:
  I'd like to see a mode of gpsmon that displays the info from JSON mode.
Possibly this would be better in a separate program.

-------

Try pointing gpsmon at an instance of gpsd that is talking to 2 devices.  If
one is in SiRF binary and the other is in NMEA mode, the display switches
back and forth between modes.  (When I first saw this, I was thinking of
weird timing bugs.  It took a while to notice that it was flipping modes.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.