gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] New slowdown option for regression tests

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] New slowdown option for regression tests
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 21:52:50 -0700

>> Did you tweak any of the other timings?
> What other timings?  There were only two, WRITE_PAD and CLOSE_DELAY.

I'm just fishing for ideas.  Did you change anything in the test framework
other than adding the slow option?

A few days ago, every time I ran scons check on that machine it got an error
on one particular test, and it always got the same error pattern.

Running the same tests today, sometimes it works.  When it fails, it's on the
same test, but the error pattern is not consistent.  Earlier today, I had 0
errors out of 5 runs.  A few minutes ago, I had 4 errors out of 5 tries and
the details were all different.  The next batch was 3 errors out of 5 tries.

That's in fast mode.  I haven't seen any problems in slow mode, but I haven't
tried very hard.

Maybe it was warmer a few days ago.  ???

I don't know how to drive git.  If you give me a pointer to the recipe to get
older versions, I'll try some of them to see if I can get it back to a solid
failure.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.