gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Git head broken

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Git head broken
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:07:57 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> Yo Eric!
>
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:47:35 -0400
> "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
>> > I'm back in the office, seeing gpsd is about to release.  But
>> > git-head will not build for me:
>>
>> Odd.  It builds just fine here.  Try setting qt=no.
>
> That builds for me.  10 seconds of testing show it seems to work too.

The breakage Gary is seeing seems conceptually very similar to my
problem.  In what was releaased, and today's git head.   My issue was
g++ blowing up on NetBSD's sys/timepps.h, and Gary's is that building a
C file with g++ is causing mixed C/C++ linkage.  The root cause is using
g++ on a C source file, combined with not consistently using "extern C"
around includes.

I realize there is some notion of building C++ for qt stuff.  But it
seems that there should be C++ glue code (built as C++) that links
against the C library (built normally as C).