gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Git head broken

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Git head broken
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 00:07:56 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> That builds for me.  10 seconds of testing show it seems to work too.

I think we may have tripped over a packaging error in some recent
version of QtNetwork.

The GPSD code - strange Qt shims and all - used to build with QtNetwork
installed, and according to aptitude I still have it installed

i A libqt4-network                  - Qt 4 network module

However, pkg-config no longer finds information for this package
or QtNetwork on my system, which SConstruct counted upon.

That's how I missed the build breakage.  To prevent any future such incidents,
I have added code which turns qt off when the library is not detected,
triggering a message.

I tried forcing qt on and still could not replicate the error.  Gary, can
you turn qt on and troubleshoot this?