gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Meaning of negative PPS offset?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Meaning of negative PPS offset?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 23:04:41 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> >  Basically this ignores PPS until the clock is
> > close, which sort of makes sense.
>
> Which is what we used to do.  The 3.11 PPS patches, which I have not
> tested or inspected, were intended to speed up time lock.  In theory
> they should work.

Nit exactly.  The only recent change to the PPS logic that wasn't from
you was a change by Miroslav Lichvar intended to handle longer PPS
intervals.

It had an error which I fixed.  After the fix,  I lived-tested it with the
GR-601W and it seems to work.

You mentioned in a previous mail that autobauding is failing for you.
I dimly recall that you've had this problem before and it was a local
config issue.  That code has been stable/working for a long time.