gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Describe your build environment, please?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Describe your build environment, please?
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 07:11:01 -0400

I don't know what building software for Android is like, nor whether
there are multiple ways to do it.  I want to say "we support Android" in
build.txt, but not if it means someone is going to come back with
"no, you only support a particular oddly non-standard way to do it".

Please briefly describe your build chain and procedure.  Do you run
scons and the compiler natively on Android itself or cross-compile?
Is your method and toolset the one, or among several alternatives,
that an Android dev would consider normal?  If there are several
alternatives, what do we need to say in build.txt to clue devs and
integrators into the one you're using?

What scons switches, if any, are required to build?

Also, what startup configuration is required?  Do you use udev activation?
What is the name of the GPS hardware device?

I'm looking for whatever information an Android developer would need for
going from a repo pull to a running GPSD.