gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] gpsmon stop after 16 seconds...

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon stop after 16 seconds...
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:02:17 +0200

Hello,

i have a small module, that spits out NMEA0183 position sentences (GPGGA,
GPZDA, GPRMC, and GPGLL).

The module is connected via a FTDI FT232R chip to a linux system, the module
supply the data at 4800 baud only.

I try to monitor the data with "gpsmon /dev/ttyUSB0".

Gpsmon sync into the data stream, and display the data from the module, but
after 16 seconds, it stops monitoring the data.

I have started gpsmon with a high (99)  debuglevel and write the data to a
logfile.

I see in the logfiles, that gpsmon try to switch to 9600 baud after 16 seconds.

Why gpsmon try to switch to another baudrate (9600), and never recover?

I do not observe this behavior with an older (2.96) version of gpsmon.

If i terminate gpsmon with crtl-c, a cat from the port shows the data again, in
some cases i need a

stty speed 4800 -F /dev/ttyUB0

or even a

stty sane speed 4800 -F /dev/ttyUSB0