gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Stack overflow

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Stack overflow
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 20:38:23 -0800

address@hidden said:
> gpsd is very light on memory, I suspect you have a deeper problem.  In
> either case, turn up the debugging and see if you can locate where you run
> out of stack.

I'd expect the debugging printout to use a lot of stack which might trigger
the stack overflow problem before you get to the real problem.

There must be tools for debugging this sort of thing.  Does uClinux have a
debugger that runs over JTAG?  I'd expect a recipe for putting a breakpoint
at the stack overflow handler and getting a stack trace from there.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.