gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] massive regression failures

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] massive regression failures
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:57:59 -0500

Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:

> As of release-3.11-233-g842cb2f, I am seeing massive failures, as in 81
> of 89 failed (NetBSD-6 i386).
>
> release-3.11-231-gfbc716f is ok
>
> 239 is the same as 233.
>
> So this is probably the "adaptive delay" commit.

Yeah, that'll be it.  And it'll be because sourcetype() doesn't work under *BSD,
dammit.  Means the code for disabling the delay when running on ptys fails.

Best way to fix this:  Go to serial.c.  Look at line 54, where it says:

        else if (devmajor == 3 || (devmajor >= 136 && devmajor <= 143))
            devtype = source_pty;
#endif /* __linux__ */

And, right after it, write the equivalent and properly conditionalized test
for NetBSD.  I tried to google a list of NetBSD device numbers so I could
do this myself, but didn't find one.