gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Hal's sirf1 bug fixed

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Hal's sirf1 bug fixed
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 04:03:19 -0800

address@hidden said:
> Any time you see a test failure that consists of a solid stretch of omitted
> lines, that's the address@hidden timing problem.  You should be able to make
> it go
> away by increasing the WRITE_PAD and CLOSE_DELAY values in gps/fake.py.

Since all my recent problem (on Linux) were with tcp-test.log, I added 100
passes through that to my check script.

I changed the CLOSE_DELAY on the linux branch from 0.1 to 0.2
That solved all my problems on Linux boxes.

I haven't seen any problems on FreeBSD.

It works on a Raspberry Pi.

I'm still getting lots of errors on a 64 bit NetBSD box, even with slow=yes.
It works on a 32 bit system (without slow mode).

I tried
WRITE_PAD_SLOWDOWN = 0.1
CLOSE_DELAY_SLOWDOWN = 4.0
That mostly worked.  Yes it was slow.

Here is the only glitch I noticed:
Processing test/daemon/tcp-test.log
gpsd:ERROR: TCP device open error can't connect to host/port pair.
gpsd:ERROR: tcp://127.0.0.1:49194: device activation failed.
Processing test/daemon/tcp-torture.log

The summary didn't complain about any errors.
  Regression test successful: no errors in 89 tests (0 not found).
My extra 100 tries of tcp-test.log worked OK.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.