gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Heads up, GPSD release 3.12 is imminent

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Heads up, GPSD release 3.12 is imminent
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:08:34 -0800

address@hidden said:
> That is worrying.  The NMEA2000 guy was reporting someting like that, but I
> could never reproduce it.  What device types?

They are both SiRF, but one is read-only and running in NMEA mode.  (It goes
through a splitter.  The other side has the write wire.)

> First thing to try is dropping back to 3.11 to see if it reproduces there.
> If it does, running a bisection is easy.

It has worked post 3.11.  Bisecting will be a slight pain.  The test for good
involves wait-long-enough.  Fortunately, it doesn't normally take very long.

Another possibly interesting change is that the NEMA device used to be
running with only GPRMC.  It's now sending everything.  (I used gpsmon to get
the firmware version info, then switched back to NMEA.)

It feels like a locking tangle.  Do you remember any changes that involved
locks?

I think I'll give gdb a quick try first.  Why bisect if I can find a smoking
gun?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.