gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] driver_nmea2000.c

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] driver_nmea2000.c
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:01:55 -0500

address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> with the last commit, the "normal" nmea2000 behaviour is back again,
> but not if i let the deamon listen on can and a serial port.

Aaarrgghh.

I know what that means.  The adaptive-delay logic activates because it sees
an eligible device (your serial port) and that messes up CAN processing.

There is no possible zero-configuration fix for this mixed case.  Much as I hate
the idea, I will have to introduce yet another build-configuration switch to
disable the adaptive-delay logic.

> And sometimes, a second start of "gpsmon -n" give no data.
> gpsd is then in state
>
> 0 S  2018 32751  3006  0  80   0 -  6985 hrtime pts/1    00:00:00 gpsd
>
> and can not terminated by "crtl-c", only by a "kill -9".
>
> Note the pts/1...

If this is with that two-device configuration, no wonder.  Workaround
coming in a few minutes.