gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Bogus (attempted) install of gpsfake

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Bogus (attempted) install of gpsfake
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:05:55 -0800

address@hidden said:
> Best I can figure is that's a misleading message from scons telling you
> where it's finding gpsfake, not an indication that it's actually installing
> anything.

No.  It's real.  If I just run scons check it dies on a protection violation.
 That's what started this thread.

I think I found the key quirk.  I had an old gpsfake installed in
/usr/local/sbin from last Aug.  At least it doesn't die any more after I
nuked it.

It might be appropriate to check for that case and give a warning message.

Another system had an old gps.h and gpsd.h installed in /usr/include/
That was from 2007  :)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.