gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Revised adaptive-delay code - please test

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Revised adaptive-delay code - please test
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:32:38 -0500

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Has now reached 60 minutes with no hang.
>
> I am on a dual core AMD host running Gentoo unstable.

96 minutes with no gpsd hang.  Ubuntu 14.04, stock kernel. Device is a Macx-1.

Linux snark 3.16.0-28-generic #38-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 12 17:37:40 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I was expecting this, actually.  If GPSD had a bug this bad that reproduced
where I am, I'd have fixed it months ago.

I got nothing, here.  No clue what's going on.  The only strategy I can think of
is that if someone who can reproduce this reliably can do a bisect to locate
a bad commit, maybe that will give me a clue to a root cause.