gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Hang found and fixed ... I think.

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Hang found and fixed ... I think.
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 07:12:20 -0500

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
> > It was my attempt to use SIOCOUTQ. Fix pushed. Please test.
>
> Did you want us testing with or without fuzz?

The buzzkill code appars to have been irrelevant to the hang bug.  However,
it is possible that it separately introduces problems of its own.

> With fuzz enabled and running my script (and ntpd) I see occasional pauses in
> the log window on gpsmon.  I haven't seen any crashes or hangs.  I've been
> running for an hour or more.

Then the hang bug is probably banished.

> Here is a chunk of the log file.  It looks like stuff is getting dropped.

Yes, it does.  Two GSAs in a row?  That's a clue to disable the buzzkill
logic, amd if that doesn't fix the problem increase the WRITE_PAD value.