gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] tests hanging on netsbd-6 i386

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [gpsd-dev] tests hanging on netsbd-6 i386
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:03:10 -0500

With the assert fix, that test hangs.  If I kill gpsd, the next test
starts and hangs.  (There's a bug; abend should result in test failure.)

I went to set buzzkill=no to disable the new code, and found that it was
gone.

In general, I think the cope-with-buggy-select stuff is impacting too
much on systems that don't have buggy select.  How prevalent is this
really?  Is the issue that select returns that a fd is readable when it
isn't?  Can this be detected at runtime?   Can the code just sleep for
100ms after getting a zero-length read when select said it had data,
avoiding impacting non-broken platforms?