gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] tests hanging on netsbd-6 i386

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] tests hanging on netsbd-6 i386
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:12:30 -0500

I read

  http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xbd/termios.html

some more.  Something jumped out at me.  In the VMIN > 0 VTIME > 0 case,
VTIME is an inter-byte timer.  If no bytes are available when read is
called, and none arrive, then the call does not end after VTIME.

I put in some test logging, and it seems packet_get is called routinely
when there is not at least a byte available.  If true (and it's at the
end), that would explain this.

<esrbait>So I think we need some asserts.</>

But seriously, it seems that the "packet_get is only called if select
says fd is readable" is not holding up, or there's some other bug.