gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 22:16:37 -0500 (EST)

This confirms Gary's fix to the PPS code.  I am no longer seeing a garbaged
PPS offset. I'm still getting PPS from the Macx-1/GR-601W.

Is anyone still seeing hangs in gpsd or gpsmon?

What other problems are still pending?

When I thought I had a fix for the the select-buzzing problem, that was
motivation to ship fast. Now that both attempts to attack that have
failed the pressure is off.

My current belief is that solving that problem will require gpsd to
go to using blocking I/O rather than nonblocking, because setting VTIME is
only effective when blocking I/O is enabled.  The trouble is that I
don't know how to make that change in a way that won't cause device
opens to hang hard.

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be
properly armed."
        -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188