gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] session->last_fixtime.real missing in gpsmon

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] session->last_fixtime.real missing in gpsmon
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 19:22:05 -0800

Yo All!

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 17:27:47 -0800
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> And the math is overflowing because session->last_fixtime.real does
> not appear to be set in gpsmon.

I tracked it back a bit more: session->last_fixtime.real is being
set from device->newdata.time.  But device-newdata.time is a NAN because
it is not being set in gpsmon.c before ntpshm_latch() is called on line 748.

At least that is the case in hardware mode.

Not yet looked at JSON mode.

There I get lost.   Line 748 is in the path for both client and hardware
modes of gpsmon.  I don't know enough how the JSON works to set that
var.  Or how to do it in hardware mode.

Eric: you'll need to to figure out how to get that set in the two
cases.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588