gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] test failures with shmget

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] test failures with shmget
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 14:16:08 -0500

Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:

> I'm seeing a lot of this (on many tests), with master from today.   I
> have seen this on both os x 10.9 and netbsd5.  There seem to be leftover
> shm segmnts.   I have not seen this before today, on any system.
>

> Processing test/daemon/motorola-t805.log
> gpsd:ERROR: shmget(1196446532, 8912, 0666) failed: Invalid argument
> gpsd:ERROR: shared-segment creation failed,
> Processing test/daemon/mr-350p.log
> gpsd:ERROR: shmget(1196446532, 8912, 0666) failed: Invalid argument
> gpsd:ERROR: shared-segment creation failed,

Something about one of my recent commits - the fix for client-mode gpsmon -
confused the crap out of the shm layer on my system.  I can't imagine
why, but it did increase the size of a buffer in one of the core structures
and thus following field offsets.

On my system using ipcrm to manually remove the ntp segments did not prevent
the bug from recurring.  Rebooting did.