gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] test failures with shmget

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] test failures with shmget
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 21:10:51 -0800

Yo Eric!

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 23:26:03 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:
> > Well, I guess if it was just what NTP needed, that would be one
> > thing, but it seems to leave more and more and run out.  I'm not
> > really sure, but I've found 6-8 each on machines where the tests
> > failed.
>
> There used to be only 4.  Then we had a bug report from a person who
> was actually using multiple PPS devices and was confused because he
> couldn't have both an in-line segment and PPS segment for all of
> them.
>
> So I boosted the number of NTP segments allocated to twice the max
> number of devices, which by default equals 8.

Yes.  That is good.  However what the owner:group and file permissions
is still a matter of discussion within the ntpd commmunity.  So
nothing settled yet.

> This is a recent change and can easily be rolled back if I have
> misunderstood thwe interface.

Nope, what you have is good, just expect it to change a bit.  Given
how fast ntpd moves do not hold your breath.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588