gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Status driver_nmea2000.c

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Status driver_nmea2000.c
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:40:07 -0500

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
> I agree that it should be easy to do, but rather than a quick fix, I think we
> should think a bit.  Maybe we can get it closer to right.

I agree.  This needs more thinking and testing before wev commit to a feature,
and I'm not willing to try designing and qualifying a new JSON feature in a
rush just before a release.

The focus in *this* release continues to be getting prevention of
select buzzing out the door.  We'll revisit after 3.12;  that will
also give time for the NTP JSON driver to mature a little.