gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Major progress!

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Major progress!
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 17:08:54 -0800

Yo Eric!

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:55:54 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > > Right.  If the segments were the same size you wouldn't have this
> > > problem. It's only going to come up in the wake of a change that
> > > breaks compatibility with older versions of struct gps_device_t.
> >
> > Partly.  Compile options also change the size.
>
> True.
>
> > But, since this is the test code, are not the gpsd and test harness
> > compiled at the same time?  With the same options?  Thus there
> > should be no size conflict.  Ever.
>
> Yeah, Hal's situation seems to be that he's running an older
> production gpsd and tests on a newer one at the same time.

Which should not be a problem.  Having the production gpsd use the
same shmid as the test gpsd causes many problems.  Not the least of
which is test adta leaking into the production data.

> > As long as the test shmid is cleaned up after the tests are done.
>
> Hm.  Should I move the segment removal to the end of the test
> sequence? Right now it's done first.

Maybe both?  And double check you have not the same shmid as the prodcution
gpsd.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588