gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Major progress!

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Major progress!
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 05:17:33 -0500

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
> I think the "gpsctl -R" should have a $SRCDIR/ in front of it.

Done.

> Should there be something similar for the TCP listen port?

There already is.  One of the few command-line options sets the
listening port.  The test framework use that to pass in a private
port allocated with the bind-to-zero trick.

> At least one of the tests says UDP.  Does gpsd listen on a UDP port?  I don't
> see it via netstat.

You can, in effect, pass gpsd a UDP port to listen on a specified UDP port
as a pseudodevice.  The test you found exercises this capability.