gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Remaining pre-3.12 issues

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Remaining pre-3.12 issues
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:06:03 -0500 (EST)

I believe I fixed the last known issue in the C part of the codebase
just now.  Here are the problems I know about:

1. Test failures on *BSD and Mac OS X.

2. Test failures on Gentoo due to absent or inaccessible ptys.

3. Hal's gpsfake install glitch.

4. Static build with uClibc fails.  This is almost certainly due to a
   weak one-pass linker that SConstruct doesn't instruct well.

Issue 3 is optional, I'll fix it before 3.12 if there's time but it
can be deferred.

The *BSD test failures are more serious. They seen to be related to the
recent changes to blocking I/O and deterministic test shutdown, but
I don't understand how yet.

All tests are passing nicely under Linux on both my installation and
Hal Murray's.

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies
to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule--and
both commonly succeed, and are right... The United States
has never developed an aristocracy really disinterested or an
intelligentsia really intelligent. Its history is simply a record
of vacillations between two gangs of frauds.
        --- H. L. Mencken