gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF gpsmon client mode

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF gpsmon client mode
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:04:29 -0800

address@hidden said:
> Other known issues:
> * gpsdecode crashes on Mac OS X (probably a linker-option problem).
> * shmget() creation failures.

I think there should be 2 more items on that list:

The bogus install of gpsfake has migrated to gpsctl:

Matrix-algebra regression test succeeded
scons: *** [/usr/local/bin/gpsctl] /usr/local/bin/gpsctl: Permission denied

That's with HEAD as of a few minutes ago:

address@hidden foo]$ git describe
release-3.11-431-gd3d309e

scons -n check says:

./test_matrix --quiet
Install file: "gpsctl" as "/usr/local/bin/gpsctl"
strip /usr/local/bin/gpsctl
./gpsctl -R 2>/dev/null; ./gpsfake -T; ./regress-driver test/daemon/*.log

In case it matters, I don't have . on my PATH.

That's on the machine you can ssh into.

If I put an "echo foo;" on the front of that line, the Install goes away.
Again, from scons -n check

./test_matrix --quiet
echo foo; ./gpsctl -R 2>/dev/null; ./gpsfake -T; ./regress-driver
test/daemon/*.log
gcc -o test_geoid.o -c -Wmissing-prototypes -Wextra -Wall -Wno-uninitialized
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -pthread
-Wmissing-declarations -O2 -pthread test_geoid.c

It's acting like the $SRCDIR/ is getting lost if it's on the front of the
line.  Or something like that.  Mumble.

I'm working on a test case for the hang problem.  Getting close.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.