gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon - time

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon - time
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:02:50 -0800

address@hidden said:
> I think it needs to be a new JSON sentence that is not sent by default.  And
> I'd rather not add a new sentence while we are trying to ship.

I'm happy to wait until after the ship.

I assume gpsmon can use/test whatever gets worked out for ntpd's JSON driver.

> Does gpsd output that?  The data is in last_fixtime, but that does not go
> anywhere but to ntpd/chronyd.  We would need to add a transfer method for
> gpsmon.

There is also the direct mode.

One approach might be to put the offset into the name bar next to the name.

Is there any (relative) time in the whole test package?  How could things be
modified to test time?

gpspipe has a -t/-T option so it should be not-too-hard to collect test cases
with time.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.