gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] SHM code

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] SHM code
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 12:52:27 -0800

address@hidden said:
>     volatile struct shmTime *shmTime[NTPSHMSEGS];
>     bool shmTimeInuse[NTPSHMSEGS];

That's backwards from the way things are in SHM: collection of arrays rather
than array of structs.

> Which is OK for our normal use case, but consider the case where the host
> has multiple refclocks.  They would all be trying to get segments, and it
> would be handy if the "in_use" flag for each segment were in shared memory.

>From the ntpd side, it's simple: manual configuration.  gpsd has the
no-configuration-required religion.  I think that's fine if you only have one
GPS device, but I don't see how to sort things out if you have more than one.

> This is because segs 0 and 1 will not be attachable after prvilege dropping.

I think that's a different issue.  More later.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.