gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] possible gpsd bug

From: Roy Barkas
Subject: [gpsd-dev] possible gpsd bug
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:05:55 +1100

For some reason I can't log in to the bug tracker, so as you're approaching a release, here is what looks like a bug:  This behavior is from 3.11

When gpspipe is started with the options -wrSt (S=split24), the subsequent Watch message is:
  {"class":"WATCH","enable":true,"json":true,"nmea":true,"raw":0,"scaled":true,"timing":false,"split24":false,"pps":false}

I am seeing some type 24 messages coming through from gpspipe but these all seem to be processed through the default method of processing part A and part B since the decoded messages contain data from both parts.

If instead of using gpspipe I connect directly to gpsd on 2947 and send:

?WATCH={"enable":true, "json":true,"scaled":true,"split24":true,"device":"udp://localhost:46003"}

Then it works as expected and the subsequent WATCH confirmation shows split24:true