gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Preparing for release

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Preparing for release
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:31:11 -0500

> On Feb 18, 2015, at 5:05 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It seems possible there is a bug in the Mac serial layer or specific
> to the USB handling.  We've run into such issues before and had to
> declare the Mac unsupported for a while until they got fixed.

We have witnessed this on both OS X 10.9 & 10.10 (10.9 was released about 1.5
years ago).  The only GPS I have to test with is bluetooth, and I originally
thought it might be related to bluetooth…  With me seeing what appears to the
the same issue, via bluetooth, it’s probably not a USB problem.

I have a USB GPS coming from Gary Miller (probably by this weekend).  I’ll be
able to do some more testing then, and eliminate the bluetooth factor from my
end.

I’m not writing this to suggest a hold for release - I’m just adding
information & announcing my plans for more testing.