gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Updated docs on NTP segment management

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Updated docs on NTP segment management
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:26:00 +0000

"Eric S. Raymond" writes:
> Harlan Stenn <address@hidden>:
> > So aside from your patch, I need to have configure look for stdatomic.h,
> > and iff we find it we #include stdatomic.h in refclock_shm.c, right?
> > Once that's done the rest should be OK?
>
> I believe so, yes. Of course I could have a bug in the way shm_query()
> is mated to shm_timer(), but I think the logging will make that pretty
> obvious to diagnose if I do.

OK, after more looking I'm curious about the STD_ATOMIC_H guard - that's
something that needs to be set too, right?

If so, I'm wondering if it would be better to use something configure
will detect for us, either HAVE_STDATOMIC_H (for the header file) or
HAVE_ATOMIC_THREAD_FENCE (for the function we want to use).