gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Updated docs on NTP segment management

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Updated docs on NTP segment management
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 13:07:12 -0800

Yo Harlan!

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 12:53:56 -0800
Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> And to do what you ask will require a major overhaul a short
> >> period of time before a patch release to our -stable branch.
> >
> > Hmm, we are on the gpsd list.  We are talking about gpsd, right?
>
> No, I'm talking about the SHM patch that Eric sent me for NTP.

Thus the confusion.  Prolly best to discuss ntpd stuff on address@hidden

I can't speak for Eric, but do what you gotta do on ntpd.  Sooner or
later gonna be a front to back cleanup, but not today.

Cutting all the various time types down really helped gpsd.  The rats
nests of #include's made the code fragile and hard to read.  In some
places time was in three parallel but different precisions leading to
all sorts of loss of precision issues.

I spot some doubles still on my hit list, so more clutter yet to go.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588