gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC 2783

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC 2783
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 02:19:07 -0400

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
> > Each serial device may have, or may allow to be created,
> > one matching /dev/ppsX.
>
> At least in theory, you could get one for each input modem control signal.
>
> The current Linux implementation assumes you mean the DCD pin.  I doubt if it
> would be hard to extend the code to handle the others.

At one point in the development history there was a GPSD compile-time option to
let you specify the handshake line, defaulting to DCD.

Then I had a rush of sense to the head and changed the mask to watch them all.

#define PPS_LINE_TIOC (TIOCM_CD|TIOCM_CAR|TIOCM_RI|TIOCM_CTS)
        if (ioctl(thread_context->devicefd, TIOCMIWAIT, PPS_LINE_TIOC) != 0) {

Removing a config option always makes me happy.