gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] sequential startup and stale pid file

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] sequential startup and stale pid file
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 06:40:42 -0400

Kiiski, Janne (EXT-Espotel - FI/Oulu) <address@hidden>:
> Noticed that sequential startup of gpsd produces stale pid file.
>
> Second process overwrites pid file -> fails to bind sockets -> exits ==
> stale pid file.
> So the pid file is (over)written too early (could/should be after
> successfull initialization, just before mainloop).

Good catch!  A nice small bug fix for just before we ship the Pi Day release.

I've added a removal of the pid file in the one case startup calls exit() after
it's written - that's if the command socket creation fails.

That should solve the problem; feel free to read the main sequence and tell
me if you think there's another hole I haven't plugged.