gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 22:49:45 -0700

> I tested all four combinations before I shipped and saw them work here. I
> have no explanation for why they failed elsewhere.  I have reverted that
> change intil we undestand this.

Did you have up-to-date libraries installed?  If so, it doesn't matter if it
used the local or installed copy.  ldd is the right debugging tool.

Having no libraries installed also fixes is.  The search order (on Linux) is:
  RPATH
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  RUNPATH

It's almost worth writing a script to "install" some bogus libraries to test
this case.

[RUNPATH patch]
> Applied and  pushed. I devoutly hope this works.

Thanks.  I tried pretty hard to break things.  It all just worked.

I only tested Linux, NetBSD, and FreeBSD.  It will be interesting to see what
breaks.  (I'm sure something will.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.