gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:29:44 -0700

>> chrpath -l ./gpsd /usr/local/sbin/gpsd
>> ldd ./gpsd /usr/local/sbin/gpsd

> That tells me what to delete that is installed.  My questions is the
> leftover junk in the git directory.

I thought the problem was that an installed copy of gpsd couldn't find a
library.  ldd and/or chrpath will tell you where it was looking.  That might
help to determine if the problem was in the build step or the install step.

My recipe for finding stuff that doesn't get cleaned up is to have a local
clone that is pure, and then a working directory that is cloned from it.
With that setup:
  diff -q -r raw work | grep -v git
will tell you all the extra files.

git status lists extra files.
but it "excludes" stuff that might be interesting in this case.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.