gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:04:36 -0700

address@hidden said:
>> Did you have up-to-date libraries installed?  If so, it doesn't matter
>> if it used the local or installed copy.  ldd is the right debugging tool.

> I generally run without libraries installed, install them only when I want
> to test chrpath-no, and remove them afterwards.  That's what I did in this
> case.

OK.  That's the other case that works.  chrpath=no now uses local libraries
so you shouldn't have to go through that dance to test that case.

Or maybe it's simpler to say the only case that screws up is
  using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get local libraries
  old libraries installed and
  using PATH (rather than RUNPATH) on Linux.

I apologies for not testing the install and installed paths.  I was focused
on testing the local/pre-install case which scons check uses since that's
what was broken for me.

I'll have to think about that case some more.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.