gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:56:49 +0800

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

My recipe for finding stuff that doesn't get cleaned up is to have a local
clone that is pure, and then a working directory that is cloned from it.
With that setup:
  diff -q -r raw work | grep -v git
will tell you all the extra files.

git status lists extra files.
but it "excludes" stuff that might be interesting in this case.

My patch last week to remove tinfo.pc, etc, was due to my trying to clean my local directory without doing a git clone from scratch.  I used a combination of:

  git ls-files
and
  ls -lutr

to identify files that were not being accessed during a build.  Obviously, that is specific to _my_ 64-bit Linux build.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane