gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Patches in the contrib directory

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Patches in the contrib directory
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 02:05:55 +0800

Hi,

In http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2015-03/msg00188.html

et seq, I had sent some patches clearing and tidying up the README.  In particular, testing each of the programs, to see which no longer worked.

In git commit 0dac112485e7a7117bd9ac735625f20e10750e79 , I see that skyview.php and maxstats.pl have been removed.  This no longer worked with gpsd 2.90++

I do not think this should be removed.  In particular, I am working on rewriting skyview.php, I think it can be updated with reading from the JSON emitted, without touching the plotting calculations.

My first patch to gpsd 2 years ago was updating the non-working gpsd.php; I believe we can try and restore bit-rotted programs, especially when they are still useful.

Eric, can I request a de-commit of your patch?

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane