gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS support

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS support
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 14:30:37 -0700

address@hidden said:
> I've been using the MR-350P (Not the SiRF IV model) and the Garmin-18 LVC,
> both $50-ish.  You just need to look.

Both of those units require some soldering and such.  That's fine for geeks,
but not good enough for general usage.

The MR-350P has a 1 microsecond PPS.  That isn't wide enough to work with
some systems.  I don't know of any way to tell it to change that.  Do you?

I doubt if you can still get the non SiRF IV model any more.  I found one web
site that said it had been discontinued by the manufacturer.  (There might be
a few still on some dusty shelves.)  Does the SiRF IV work with GPSD if you
run it in NMEA mode?

The BR-355-S4 is probably a few $ cheaper.  I don't know about the PPS width.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.