gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Copy of IEC 61162-1

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Copy of IEC 61162-1
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 01:04:25 +0800

Folks,

The organisation I do consulting for (which does ISO and IEC audits) has a copy in its library of:

IEC 61162-1:2000 - Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems - Digital interfaces - Part 1: Single talker and multiple listeners

(Note the date.  I believe this corresponds EXACTLY to NMEA 0183 v2.30).

I have not yet viewed the document, just confirmed availability.  I understand from the "Librarian" that I am allowed to view, use, make notes of, and discuss the licenced hard copy they have, including with outsiders, as long as I do not make non-trivial copies.  In particular, I am *expected* to be able to answer client questions on the standard, and that includes quoting from it.  (I do this regularly for ISO standards that we work with).

Would it be useful to the project if I ordered (via the organisation) a copy of the latest edition?  Although I cannot share it, I can consult the hard copy and answer any queries that folks may have.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane