gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Print offset in ntpshmmon?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Print offset in ntpshmmon?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 11:30:49 -0700

Yo All!

> > Gack. so even ntpshmviz gets the math wrong...
> >
> > > -                    offset = (float(record[3]) -
> > > float(record[4]))
> > > +                    offset = float(record[4])
> >
> > Both are pretty bad....
>
> You're the expert.  Please fix it.

I already chatted with DrDaemonEye so he understands the issue.

DrDaemonEye: any progress, or should we chat some more?

The long answer is that you can't do 62 bit precision math using
53 bit precision floats.  Everyone that touches PPS code needs to
understand that.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588