gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] scons audit failed

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] scons audit failed
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:18:55 -0400

address@hidden <address@hidden>:
>       I do not like the migration to scons 2.3, that breaks the build on
> ubuntu 12.04 systems, but there is a good scons-local package as a
> workaround.

GPSD does not require that.  What "migration" are you speaking of

>       I think, there are some serious bugs in the nmea0183 parser, as i can
> still reproduce the effect, that the parser crash, if i connect to a
> device. that send packets with checksum errors from time to time.
> After getting a number of bad packages in the stream of many good
> ones, it try to switch to another baudrate and then crash.
>
>       But i have seen this effect also, if an receiver starts with an
> unusual baudrate, for example 38400 baud, from time to time.
>
>       Nobody seems to care.

I care a good deal.  But there is not much can do about this report until
I can reproduce it, or at least until it is characterized better.  That is
very old, very well-tested code you are talking about - if this reproduced
easily we would have found it long ago.