gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Builds made after "Fix nmea0183 v4.1 problem in processGS

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Builds made after "Fix nmea0183 v4.1 problem in processGSV()." fail the foretrex test.
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:31:19 -0400

Jason Azze <address@hidden>:
> My builds made after the commit "Fix nmea0183 v4.1 problem in
> processGSV()." (8278487188029f20fa471fdb2acb0d253de9a838
> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gpsd.git/commit/?id=8278487188029f20fa471fdb2acb0d253de9a838>)
> fail the foretrex test.

I just committed a fix with this message:

    Revert "Fix nmea0183 v4.1 problem in processGSV()."

    This change breaks regression tests ansd is uneccessary.  Because of the
    guard "if (session->fixcnt <= PPS_MIN_FIXES): in timehint.c, time
    hints won't be shipped until fixes have been seen.

    With this fix, regression tests pass again.

Everybody: The regression tests are there for a reason.  ALWAYS run them before
committing a change.

If they break, figure out why before you commit.  If the test is breaking for
a good reason, commit *with a rebuild of the test load*.