gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Snap release imminent

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Snap release imminent
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:22:06 -0400

After analyzing the bug reported by address@hidden I evaluate it as serious
eniugh to merit a snap release.  This judgment is in part because I believe
that we've seen reports of the same problem (without fix) from Roy Barkas
and Reinhard Arlt.  This is our first crash bug in many years.

If you have other urgent bug fixes, point me at them now.  We have some
other minor issues pending, but I believe it's more important to field
a fix for this bad one quickly than it is to get resolutions for all of them.

Apologies fr being kind of absent lately.  Gary and I have been hammering on a
another project of considerable importance, about which more soon.