gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Regression test failed on fortrex-201.log.chk

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Regression test failed on fortrex-201.log.chk
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 03:15:27 -0700

My 2 cents...

address@hidden said:
> 3.) Is it more important to support this broken checkfile then the output of
> devices claiming to comform to nmea0183 version 4.1?

It's more important that scons check works cleanly.

> After the analyse, i considered this as a problem in the check file, and not
> a problem of my patch, so i wounder, why people cry "scons check" is broken
> without analyse of the reason of the problem.

When you send in a patch, you are expected to have run scons check without
problems.

If your patch uncovers a bug, that needs to get sorted out.  If the problem
is not your fault, somebody is likely to fix it or tell you how to fix it.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.