gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] building aivdm-only daemon

From: Roy Barkas
Subject: [gpsd-dev] building aivdm-only daemon
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 10:56:59 +1000

I can't seem to figure out how to run the regression tests on a gpsd that is built with a bunch of gps device driver options set to false.

My intent is to build a gpsd daemon that is used only for handling AIVDM messages received on network connections.  i.e.

    scons -c

    scons max_devices=4 ashtech=false bluez=false earthmate=false
    evermore=false fury=false fv18=false garmin=false garmintxt=false
    geostar=false itrax=false mtk3301=false navcom=false nmea2000=false
    oceanserver=false >pps=false sirf=false superstar2=false
    tnt=false tripmate=false tsip=false ublox=false usb=false

The build works fine, then I run

    scons check

The resut of the scons check is:

    Regression test FAILED: 19 errors in 95 tests total (0 not found).
    The following test Failed:
    "test/daemon/ac12_binary.log"
    "test/daemon/bu303-climbing.log"
    "test/daemon/bu303-moving.log"
    "test/daemon/bu303-nofix.log"
    "test/daemon/bu303-stillfix.log"
    "test/daemon/bu303b-nofix.log"
    "test/daemon/geostar-geos1m-binary.log"
    "test/daemon/italk-binary.log"
    "test/daemon/navcom.log"
    "test/daemon/rst39.log"
    "test/daemon/superstar2.log"
    "test/daemon/tnt-revolution.log"
    "test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-3dfix.log"
    "test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-playacar.log"
    "test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq.log"
    "test/daemon/ublox-aek-4t.log"
    "test/daemon/ublox-lea-4t.log"
    "test/daemon/ublox-sirf1.log"
    "test/daemon/zodiac.log"
    Elapsed time: 116.61
    scons: *** [gps-regress] Error 19

I thought that perhaps I need to run scons check with the same options specified as for the build but that doesn't seem to change anything.  i.e. the following scons check yields the same result as a simple scons check

    scons check max_devices=4 ashtech=false bluez=false earthmate=false
    evermore=false fury=false fv18=false garmin=false garmintxt=false
    geostar=false itrax=false mtk3301=false navcom=false nmea2000=false
    oceanserver=false >pps=false sirf=false superstar2=false
    tnt=false tripmate=false tsip=false ublox=false usb=false

What is the correct way to test a freshly built gpsd with options set as shown?