gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Now we know what breaks in GPSD on a leap-second transition

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Now we know what breaks in GPSD on a leap-second transition
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 06:13:10 -0400 (EDT)

New test in build.txt:

   If you have had a leap-second transition, the following regression tests
   will break:

             bu303-climbing.log
             bu303-moving.log
             bu303-nofix.log
             bu303-stillfix.log
             bu303b-nofix.log
             italk-binary.log
             navcom.log
             ublox-aek-4t.log
             ublox-lea-4t.log
             ublox-sirf1.log

   There is no help for this other than a test rebuild.  The problem is
   that these devices rely on the build-time leap-second offset; you'll
   see times one second off.  Other GPSes either return
   leap-second-corrected time or the test loads include a
   leapsecond-offset report before any time is reported.

So our regression tests break, but the software itself does not.

I'll ship 3.16 sometime soon to clean this up.  There haven't been any
substantive changes since 3.15.

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant
that government governs only with the consent of the governed.
        -- Jeff Snyder